Professional Acupuncture Treatment in Colorado
The technique of Acupuncture has been used as a treatment modality in China for several thousand years. Its efficiency for the relief of many diseases has been shown empirically for many syndromes.
Acupuncture has been used progressively in the West as a tool for pain relief for a variety of syndromes, and its effectiveness is no longer questioned. Body or ear acupuncture has been used in the treatment of whiplash set of symptoms with some success.
When used in the treatment of whiplash syndrome, the technique is not much different from the standard TENS machine used by physiotherapists. Needles are placed locally in the neck and in adjacent areas in points of tenderness.
When somebody suffers from whiplash during a car accident, the ten most reported symptoms with their estimated prevalence, are: neck pain (97%), headache (97%), TMJ (82%), shoulder pain (65%), anxiety (55%), back pain (42%), among others.
Acupuncture has been found to be very effective in lightening all of the symptoms mentioned above and helping to accelerate the healing process in all of the conditions listed. Even auricular acupuncture was found to be effective at alleviating symptoms post whiplash.
We have witnessed over the past years the effectiveness of acupuncture on a variety of whiplash patients, seeing a hastened recovery for a large percentage of them and a significant reduction in symptoms, of pain, headache, fatigue, depression and dizziness, among many others.
Acupuncture can help Whiplash in the following ways:
• relieves pain completely, or significantly (gives the patient as much relief as possible)
• increases an individual’s energy levels
• helps an individual deal with their activities of daily living (ADL’s), by increasing the ability to perform tasks that have become difficult since the injury
• enhances the patient’s quality of life
• Reduces reliance on prescription medication and prevents associated side effects.